Sometimes you may want to compare two different fields and use conditional formatting to highlight when specific criteria is met (ie. if the Actual Start Date of a task is after the Planned Start Date)
- From the Columns (View) tab of your report, select the column to apply the conditional formatting to
- Click on the Advanced Options link in the upper right hand corner then choose 'Add a Rule for this Column'
- Enter the initial criteria using existing values found in the builder and specify your formatting then click Add Rule, then Save:
- Select the column you're working with and click the Switch to Text Mode link
- Click to edit the text mode then add in this line with the field you're comparing against after the equal sign: styledef.case.0.comparison.rightmethod= <field to compare>
- Change the righttext= value to match your rightmethod= value as shown above.
- Save your changes and the column will now highlight those fields that meet your criteria.