Workfront Proof Permissions in Workfront
There are three types of permissions available in Workfront for proofing Users:
1. Administrator - which gives the top permissions both in Workfront and in Workfront Proof if standalone version is present. Can manage and view ALL the proofs created on a particular account, including adding/removing reviewers, adding/deleting proofs, comments. Can also manage proofing users in Workfront Proof panel directly, again if there is a standalone version there, and can manage Workfront Proof account settings in Workfront Proof panel directly.
2. Supervisor - Can manage and view ALL the proofs created on the account and edit the reviewers added to the proofs but cannot manage the users and cannot manage the Workfront Proof settings.
3. Manager - User with that permission can manage only the proofs they created or own, and can view only the proofs where they are explicitly added as reviewers.
- Manager will not be able to view the proofs created by other users, if they are not explicitly added to these proofs. They will be seeing Access Denied screen instead.
SOLUTION: Such users need to be added to the proofs explicitly, they will not be able to view proofs if only a task or a document is shared with them. Ideally the proofs should be always created via the Advanced proofing options window and such users should always be added via this option
- Manager will not be able to add proof versions to the proofs created by other users - they could potentially submit a proof in the documents set, but the versions would NOT be connected to the original set created by someone else
SOLUTION: Manager will be able to submit the versions to other people's proofs IF they are explicitly added to the proofs AND set up as Authors (proof role) on these proofs
- Manager will not be able to edit comments of other users on a proof they don't own or created
SOLUTION: If a Manager does not own the proofs, but they should be able to edit comments, add them as Authors (or Moderators).
These three types of permissions are available in Workfront for Planner, Worker, Requester, Reviewer type licenses. System Administrator or User Admin in Workfront can edit Users' profiles and adjust Workfront Proof permissions from there.