This page provides information about the functionality included in the R1 release.
The R1 release is currently available to test in Preview; R1 releases to the Production environment in a phased rollout on the evenings of April 26 and 27, 2017 (MDT).
The R1 release enables users, knowledge workers, and administrators to better manage their work. With R1, adminstrators can customize Workfront to better match the organization's terminology; knowledge workers can leverage utilization reports to better understand how projects are tracking against planned and budgeted hours; users can engage in Workfront directly from Outlook 365 and be more productive when using the Workfront mobile app; and much more.
See the following sections for a complete list of improvements available in R1:
- Recycle Bin
- System Configuration Enhancements
- Resource Scheduling Enhancements
- Approvals Enhancements
- Project and Document Enhancements
- User Management Enhancements
- Email Notification Enhancements
- Mobile and Outlook Enhancements
- Other Enhancements
- Proofing Enhancements
- Functionality Not Releasing to Production in R1
- 2017 R1 Preview Release Webinars
- Maintenance Updates
For more detailed information about changes we're making to our release process, see "2017 Release Changes."
- Restore Projects, Tasks, and Issues from the Recycle Bin
- Recycle Bin Improvement: Tasks and Subtasks Are Restored to Their Previous Order
- Recycle Bin Improvement: Recorded in the Update Stream and Receive Email Notification
- Customize Workfront Terminology by Changing Object Names
- Control Access to Custom Forms
- Updated Look and Feel of Several System Setup Pages
- Manage User Allocations on the Scheduling Timeline
- Resource Scheduling Enhancements
- User Allocations Are Disabled by Default
- Updated Project, Task, and Issue Approvals
- Modify an Existing Global Approval Process for an Individual Object
- Include Approval Start and End Dates in Reports
- Configure Objects to Be Updated That Are Pending Approval
- Approval Diagram Shows Visual Representation of Previous, Current, and Future Approval Steps
- Track Project Progress with a Utilization Report
- Change the Status of a Project Directly from the Project Page
- Milestone View Improvements
- Enhancements in the Milestone View
- Improved Method for Linking External Files
- Schedule Users for Deactivation
- Updated Dialog Box for Managing Group Membership
- Make a Group Public
- Assign Layout Templates to Groups
- Updated Team Working On Calendar
- Updated Look and Feel of Several Email Notifications
- Updated Look and Feel of Document Approval Email Notifications
- New Email Digest Options for Several Notifications Areas
- New Email Digest Options for "Requests I Have Made"
- New Email Digest Options for "Actions Needed"
- Updated Event Notification Groupings in the Email Setup Area
- Opt Out of Instant Notifications: In-Context Digest Configuration
- Various Email Notifications Moved from the "Action Needed" Section to Other Project-Related Sections
- Changes to Bulk Editing User Notifications
The following functionality is not currently available in Preview or Beta, but is releasing to the Production environment in R1:
- Copy Text in the Mobile App
- Share the URL of an Object in the Mobile App
- Outlook 365 (add "Creating a Workfront Requests from an Email in Outlook 365 (R1)" to this list and link to Preview final page)
- Search in the Mobile App
- Improved Help in the Mobile App: Tutorials
Proofing enhancements are not available in the Preview environment; these enhancements will be available in Production with R1.
Proofing Enhancements within Workfront
The following enhancements are releasing to the Workfront application with R1:
- Make Approval Decisions for Proofs from the My Work Area
- Report on Proofing Approvals
- Automatically Generate a New Version of a Document Proof Using Drag-and-Drop
- Enable All Proofing Users to Access ProofHQ Directly from the Workfront Interface
The following enhancements are releasing to the ProofHQ application with R1:
- Search in PDF Documents
- Updated Global Navigation Bar:
- New user profile picture
- New link to the Workfront application (when the ProofHQ account is integrated with a Workfront account)
- Updated look and feel
- Include Additional Information in Custom Views
- Improvements to Proofing Reports (Formerly Analytics)
- View ProofHQ Functionality in the Preview Environment (ProofHQ)
The functionality described in this section was available in the Preview environment during the R1 release cycle; however, this functionality is not releasing to Production in R1. The functionality will be removed from the Preview environment for 6 weeks leading up to the R1 release to Production. After R1 releases to Production, it will be re-introduced to the Preview environment.
- New Resource Planning Functionality (Not Available in Production in R1; remaining in Preview)
- Reorder Columns in Any List with Drag-and-Drop (Not Available in Production in R1; remaining in Early Access)
- Updated Look and Feel in the Dashboard List (Not Available in Production in R1; remaining in Early Access)
- Updated Calendar in the My Work Area (Not Available in Production in R1; removed from Early Access on April 19, 2017)
- Integration with Adobe Creative Cloud
- New Field for Managing Emails in the Sandbox Environments (Not intended to go to Production at any point; available only in Preview and the Custom Refresh Sandbox)
To view webinar recordings for the R1 Release, see "R1 Release Webinars."
For a comprehensive list of recent maintenance updates made to the Workfront system, see "Maintenance Updates."