Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a comprehensive content management solution for building websites, mobile apps, and forms. AEM also includes a Digital Asset Management (DAM) repository. The Workfront Connector for AEM Assets enables you to integrate with the DAM repository in AEM.
- "Understanding Synchronization between Workfront and AEM"
- "Installing the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets"
- "Configuring Workfront"
- "Configuring AEM"
- "Using Workfront with AEM"
Before you can install the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets, ensure that the following prerequisites are met:
- A functioning AEM system, version 6.0 or later
For information about how to install and configure AEM, see the Adobe Experience Manager documentation.
- AEM touch-optimized UI
- The appropriate Workfront IP addresses are whitelisted
To learn more, see the "Adding IP Addresses to the Whitelist" section in "Configuring Your Firewall."
The Workfront Connector for AEM Assets enables synchronization of files and metadata between Workfront and AEM.
Files and documents uploaded to projects in Workfront are available in AEM. Likewise, assets uploaded to AEM are available in project files within Workfront. Updates and comments made to files either in Workfront or AEM are synchronized to the other application.
To install the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets, you must import it into AEM as a package using the CRX Package Manager:
- On the workstation where you have already installed AEM, download the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets installation file. You can get the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets from your Workfront representative.
- Access the CRX Package Manager by navigating to the following URL:
- In the CRX Package Manager, click Upload Package.
- Click Browse, browse to and select the .zip file you downloaded in Step 1, then click OK.
The package is uploaded to the CRX Package Manager.
- Click Install to install the Workfront package.
- On the Install Package dialog box, ignore the advanced settings and click Install.
- Ensure that the package was successfully installed.
The Workfront-DAM-Integration-All-version.zip package should show as installed.
- Continue with "Configuring Workfront."
After you have installed the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets (as described in "Installing the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets"), you need to configure Workfront to link documents between Workfront and AEM.
To configure Workfront to link documents between Workfront and AEM:
- Log in to Workfront as the system administrator.
NOTE Workfront recommends creating a system administrator dedicated solely to your AEM integration. For more information, see "Creating Users."
- Click Setup in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Expand System, then click Customer Info.
- In the Your User’s API Key field, copy the API key to your clipboard.
IMPORTANT You must be logged in as a system administrator in Workfront before retrieving this key in order for the key to work.
- In the navigation area on the left, expand Documents, then click Custom Integration.
- Click Add Custom Integration.
- Specify the following information:
- Name: This is the name users see when using the integration. (As described in "Authorizing AEM in Workfront.")
- Base API URL: This is your AEM instance URL and is provided by the integration vendor. It should end with /bin/webhooks/api/. For example:
- Authentication Type: Select APIkey from the Authentication Type drop-down menu.
- API Key: enter the API key you copied to your clipboard.
After you have installed the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets (as described in "Installing the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets") and configured Workfront (as described in "Configuring Workfront"), you need to configure AEM to link documents between Workfront and AEM.
To configure AEM to link documents between Workfront and AEM:
- Navigate to the AEM Cloud Service by navigating to the following URL:
- In the left navigation, expand Tools, then expand Operations.
- Expand Cloud, then choose Cloud Services.
- Locate the Workfront Document Sync service.
- Click Show Configurations.
- In the Available Configurations section, click default (workfront-dam integration configuration).
The Edit Component dialog box is displayed for the configuring Workfront.
- In the Workfront Configuration dialog box, specify the following information:
- Workfront URL: This is your Workfront instance URL.
- Workfront/DAM base path: This is where documents linked to Workfront are stored. The base path contains:
NOTE This folder is created and configured automatically for you when you install the integration package.
- Workfront APIKey: Set your API key, which is the same key that you copied and entered into Workfront previously. Do not create any other configurations; they are unnecessary at this stage and will not function.
To ensure the AEM externalizer is properly configured:
- Navigate to the following URL:
- Click the Day CQ Link Externalizer row.
- Click on the author field, change the web address to match the address of your AEM instance. (By default, this is http://localhost:4502).
For example, if your AEM instance is running at http://aemauthor.mycompany.com:4502, replace http://localhost:4502 with the address where your AEM instance is running.
Leave all other options unchanged.
- Click Save.
Users can synchronize documents between Workfront and AEM, as described in "Linking Documents between Workfront and a Third-Party Application."
After you have installed the Workfront Connector for AEM Assets and configured both Workfront and AEM appropriately, users can synchronize documents between Workfront and AEM, as described in "Linking Documents between Workfront and a Third-Party Application."