The information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
As a user with a Planner license, you can configure whether you log time in Workfront in hours or days. System administrators can configure this setting for individual users or for multiple users in their organization. By default, users log time in hours.
For information about how to log time in Workfront, see "Logging Time."
- Do either of the following, depending on your objective and your access level in the system:
- Planner user configuring time logging for yourself: Click your user avatar in the Global Nav Bar, then click My Settings.
- System administrator configuring time logging for others: Begin editing one or more user accounts, as described in "Editing User Accounts."
- In the resulting dialog box, in the Resource Planning section, locate the Log Time in option.
- (Conditional) If you are a system administrator editing multiple users simultaneously, select Log Time in.
- Select from the following options for logging time:
- Hours: Users specify hours when logging time in Workfront.
- Days: Users specify days when logging time in Workfront.
- (Conditional) If you selected to log time in days, in the Equivalent Hours for Full Workday field, type the number of hours that equal a full day. One day on a user's timesheet is the equivalent of the number of hours you enter here.
Consider the following when configuring this setting:
- This option is not available when configuring to log time in hours.
- This option is used only for the purpose of logging time. This option is not related to the Schedule option that is also available when editing a user. The Schedule option is used when calculating timelines and in other areas of Workfront. (For more information about using the Schedule option, see "Creating Schedules.")
- Click Save Changes.