The following are frequently asked questions about projects:
- Why is Insert Task Above/Below missing when I right-click on the task in the task list?
- What is the Actual Completion Date?
- Why is the indent/outdent button missing?
- Why can I not change the project status to Complete?
- Why can I not change the project status from Complete to Current?
- Why can I not add a Project to a Portfolio?
In order to use the insert options, the task list must be sorted by number. To sort the column by number, click # in the column header to the left of Task Name to resort the task by number.
The Actual Completion Date represents the date and time the work is completed. For more information, see "Understanding the Actual Completion Date of a Project."
To use the indent/outdent button, ensure the tasks are sorted by the task number and there are no Groupings applied.
I get the following error message when I try to mark my project complete:
You cannot change the status of a project to complete if you have any of the following on your project:
- Incomplete tasks or issues
- Task or issues in pending approval status
If the project has the Completion Mode set to Automatic, once all the tasks and issues are completed, the status of the project automatically turns to Complete and you cannot modify it to any other status.
To modify the Completion Mode of the project:
- Click Edit Project.
- In the Portfolio section, change the Completion Mode from Automatic to Manual.
- Click Save Changes.
You can now change the status of the project to Current.
Although I have the correct permissions, the Add Projects button is missing on the Projects tab of the Portfolio.
This is caused by the Portfolio Status being Inactive. To change the status of the Portfolio:
- Click on Portfolio Details>Overview.
- Change the Status to Active.
- Click Save.
The Add Projects button should now be visible on the Projects tab.