The following are frequently asked questions about Kick-Starts:
- Why am I receiving this error when trying to import a Kick-Start file: "Your file was correct, but nothing was imported?"
- Why am I receiving this error when trying to import a Kick-Start file: "User with primary key value(s) "null" not found?"
One of the following three things might be missing from the Kick-Start file:
- The isNew column must be set to TRUE for all the items you want to import. isNew must be TRUE because you can only import new data with a Kick-Start. You cannot Modify existing data via Kick-Start. You can have other rows in the spreadsheet with isNew = FALSE but, these rows will not import.
- The file needs to have one empty row before the headers of your data start.
- The Excel sheet(s) need(s) to have the correct name(s).
When working with Kick-Starts, we recommend to first download the Kick-start Template, manually populate it with the correct data and then import it back into Workfront.
For more information about correctly importing data in Workfront using Kick-Starts, see "Importing Data into Workfront Via Kick-Starts."
The error refers to the GUID of the user that is associated with the hours.
To address this:
- Export a blank Kick-Start template for the Hours object only.
For more information about exporting a blank Kick-Start File, see "Exporting the Kick-Start Template" in "Importing Data into Workfront Via Kick-Starts."
- Manually copy the data from the original Kick-Start and paste it into the empty file.
Do this for each column.
- Try importing the new file again.
The Kick-Start should import successfully.