The Calendar view in the Home area allows you to view and manage your work week and work assignments on a personal work calendar visible only to you. You can use it to schedule when you want to do your work. And you can integrate it with outside calendars such as a Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- This is different from Calendar reports. For more information, see "Creating and Managing Calendar Reports."
- Due to a temporary problem, your Workfront Calendar data might not display as described in this article. This problem will be fixed in the near future.
If you need instructions on accessing your Home Calendar, see "Viewing the Workfront Home Calendar."
For information integrating your Home Calendar with an outside calendar, see "Configuring Your Home Calendar View."
The remaining sections in this article explain sections and functions of the Home Calendar View in more detail.
Work items (Tasks, Issues, Requests, and Approvals) assigned to you, your groups, your teams, and your roles display in the left panel. Your interactive Home Calendar displays on the right.
You can drag your work items from the left panel to your Home Calendar to schedule when you want to work on them. To learn more about scheduling your work, see "Using the Home Calendar View."
You can also click a work item to expand it and view helpful details and options. NOT WORKING (except for bottom item) - I have logged this bug with workex
Depending on the work item, these details and options may include:
- Project title: Displays in the top left of the work item. This is the project with which the item is associated. In the example above, the project title is "Marketing Analytics."
- Work item title: Displays beneath the project title. In the example above, the title of the work item is "Run SizMore Analytic Report."
- Due date: Displays in the top right of the work item. This is the date and time work on the item is to be completed. If overdue, the work item displays in red.
- Planned: Displays the hours a resource manager has allocated for work to be completed on the item. To learn more about planned hours, see "Understanding Planned Hours."
- Logged: Displays the hours you have logged on the work item in either a timesheet or the Updates tab for the item. To learn more about logging time on a work item, see "Logging Time."
- Scheduled: Displays the hours you have scheduled for the work item in the Calendar view. To learn more about moving work items to your Calendar view, see the "Scheduling Work Items in Your Home Calendar" section in "Using the Home Calendar View."
- Details: Lets you open the Details panel on the right side of the screen to display the details of the work item, modify those details, and type updates. For more information, see "Updating Work Items in the Calendar View."
- Work On It: Lets you accept the assignment to work on the item.
- Done: Lets you change the status of your work assignment to Done. This button displays only when you are assigned to the task or issue.
- Done with my part: Lets you change the status of your work assignment to Done. This button displays when more than one user is assigned to the work task or issue.
When you set up your Home Calendar, you specify the number of hours you typically work in a week (see "Configuring Your Home Calendar View"). Workfront uses this number to determine your total allocable work hours.
The Allocation bar is a visual representation of the number of hours in your work week and how you are using them.
The colors in the Allocation bar indicate the following information:
- Grey: Number of hours scheduled for events from integrated calendars. For more information about integrating calendars, see the "Displaying Events from Integrated Calendars" section in "Using the Home Calendar View."
- Blue: Number of hours you have scheduled for Workfront work items assigned to you. You can schedule work by dragging items from the left panel and dropping them into your calendar. For more information about scheduling work, see the "Scheduling Work Items in Your Home Calendar" section in "Using the Home Calendar View."
- Light Blue: The number of free hours available for allocation.
- Red (not shown above): Scheduled events and work items that have exceeded the number of hours you have available for the week.
The Due bar on your Home Calendar displays a summary your work that is due for the week currently displayed.