You are unable to establish a successful connection to ADFS.
NOTE If you establish a successful test connection and you are still experiencing issues, you might have incorrect attribute mappings or issues with the federation IDs. Contact customer support with questions.
- Cause 1: The certificate is incorrect
- Cause 2: The certificate is signed using DSA when Workfront is expecting an RSA signature
- Cause 3: XML data is incorrect
- Cause 4: The request could not be performed due to an error on the SAML side
- In Windows, click Start > Administration > ADFS 2.0 Management.
The ADFS 2.0 Management dialog box is displayed.
- Select Trust Relationship > Relying Party Trusts in the left-hand pane.
- Right-click on Relying Party Trust, and select Properties.
- Click on the Signature tab.
- Click on the name of the Signing Certificate, and click View.
- Click Copy to File..., and select Next.
- Select Base-64 encoded x.509 (CER), and click Next.
- Specify the file name, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- In Workfront, navigate to Setup > System > Single Sign-On (SSO) and manually upload the Signing Certificate.
Recreate the certificate and use the RSA signature instead of the DSA.
Re-export and re-import the XML metadata from the ADFS management system.
Contact your SAML provider.