This page describes all changes most recently available in the Preview environment with the 2018.2 Beta Final release. The functionality was made available in the Preview environment on June 20, 2018. It will be made available in the Production environment in July 2018.
IMPORTANT Functionality described on this page is subject to change prior to availability in the Production environment.
For a list of all changes made in 2018.2, see "2018.2 Release Activity Overview."
The following new features will release at the time of the 18.2 Production release:
- Specify Mail Delivery Services for Replying to Workfront Email Notifications
- Workfront for Salesforce
- Workfront for Slack Improvements
- Mobile Improvements
System administrators now have a choice of mail delivery services when configuring Workfront to allow users to make comments on objects through email replies. Workfront can be configured to use either the default email service or a POP email account.
Prior to this update, system administrators were required to set up a POP account for each user.
For more information, see "Allowing Users to Reply to Email Notifications."
We are releasing a new out-of-the-box integration between Salesforce and Workfront. You will be able to do the following:
- Automatically create new Workfront projects when a Salesforce Opportunity reaches a certain Stage, when a new Product is added to an Opportunity, or when the Type of an Account is updated.
- Create Workfront Requests from a Salesforce Opportunity or Account.
This integration will be available to all the customers who have a Workfront Pro edition, or higher, and it will be free.
You can configure to receive Workfront notifications in your Slack Workfront channel.
The following Workfront notifications can also be configured to be delivered in Slack:
- When someone tags you in a comment or update.
- When you are assigned to a new task or issue.
- When you are requested to approve an item.
Prior to this improvement, you could not receive Workfront notifications in Slack.
For more information about the Workfront add-in for Slack, see "Using Workfront with Slack."
The following new features will release to the mobile stores at the time of the 18.2 Production release:
- Inline edit for object names
You can now inline edit fields like the name of a project, task, or issue in the mobile app.
- Upload documents
You can now upload documents to objects in the Workfront mobile app.
- Upload a profile picture
You can now upload a profile photo in your iOS mobile app.
This feature will be available only for the iOS mobile app.
The following features have already been released to the Android Beta version of the Workfront mobile app, and they are also releasing to the public Android and iOS mobile apps. The experience for the iOS platform contains the following differences from the already released Android experience:
- New bottom navigation bar for iOS
- New tutorial experience for iOS