Team Requests are found in the People area in the Team Requests tab in a non-agile team. Agile teams do not have team requests.
The Team Requests tab shows the requests awaiting assignment for the team that is currently selected in the drop-down list. The number in parentheses indicates how many items are ready to be worked on.
A Teamrepresents a pending work item that is not assigned to a specific user. Instead, it is assigned to a , and any member of that team can volunteer to accept responsibility for the item. If a user volunteers to work on a Team Request, the user is accepting the work assignment as their own. The task is assigned to the individual user in addition to the team.
NOTE A Team Request should not be used for collaborative task assignments. If you need to assign multiple users to work together on a task, do this through Advanced Assignments and not through Team requests. For more information, see "Creating Advanced Assignments."
There are two subtabs on the Team Requests tab: Ready to Start and All.
The Ready to Start subtab shows only tasks and issues that meet all of the following criteria:
- All predecessors have met the conditions for their predecessor dependency types.
For example, if the type of predecessor relationship is Finish-Start (predecessor task must finish before the dependent task can start), the predecessor must be marked as Complete.(For more information about predecessor dependency types, see "Dependency Types.")
- The logged-in user is the person assigned to these tasks and issues (for Work Requests). Or the selected team is assigned to these tasks and issues (for Team Requests).
- The project status is in a status of Current.
- The Projected Start Date or Planned Start Date has passed or is scheduled to begin within 2 weeks from today's date (or no Projected Start Date or Planned Start Date has been defined).
- The Handoff Date has already occurred or will occur within 2 weeks from the current date.
The All subtab shows all tasks and issues on current projects that are assigned to the logged-in user or all tasks or issues assigned to the team.