NOTE The 2018.3 release was made available in the Production environment on the following dates (for detailed dates and times, see trust.workfront.com):
- Workfront Proof Production environment - November 6 - Now available
- Workfront Production environment for clusters 2 and 4 - November 8 - Now available
- Workfront Production environment for clusters 1, 3, and 5 - November 9 - Now available
The 2018.3 release contains enhancements both for system administrators and other users:
- Update Reporting Structure in the User Profile as a Group Administrator
- Update Roles in the User Profile as a Group Administrator
- Update the Email Address in the User Profile as a Group Administrator
- Enable Company-Level Billing Rate Override
- Simplified Role-Based Approvals
- Project List Improvements
- View Task Information in the Project List Gantt Chart
- Editing the Task List in Gantt Chart Edit Mode Removed from Release
- Task List Improvements Removed from Release
Resource Management Enhancements
- Allowing Work License Users to Access the Scheduling Subtab of a Project
- Improved Filters in the Resource Planner
- View Actual Hours in the Resource Planner
- Resource Planner Data in the Business Case Export
- Export More Information from the Resource Planner
- Unique URL for the Resource Planner User View
- Export Data for a Given Period in the Resource Planner
- Daily Totals Now Display in Red When the User Is Overallocated
- Tasks and Issues Are Hidden on the Scheduling Timeline When Minimized
- Improvements When Exporting the Role and Project Views of the Resource Planner
- Utilization Report: Populates Budgeted Hours from New Resource Budgeting Area
- Utilization Report: View Budgeted Hours by User on a Project
Home Area (Updated My Work)
- Two-Way Sync between Home Calendar and Outlook Calendar
- Updates for Adding New Tasks in Home
- Track Approvals You've Submitted in the Home Area
- Home Area Is Now the Default
- Prioritize Your Work in Home
- View Approvals Delegated to Me in the Home Area
- Access Team Requests in Home
- Differences Between My Work and Workfront Home
- Proofing Markup Tools Now Expanded by Default
- SWF Files No Longer Supported in the Proofing Viewer
- Actions More Quickly Accessible in Comments List in the Proofing Viewer
- Proof Sharing Improvement in the Proofing Viewer
- Comments List Enhancements in the Proofing Viewer
- Zoom and Pan Video Proofs in the Proofing Viewer
- Lighter Background in the Proofing Viewer
- Better Visibility When a Comment Has Been Edited in the Proofing Viewer
- View the Number of Comments Associated with an Action in the Comment List in the Proofing Viewer
- Specify the Stage When Adding Users to a Proof in the Proofing Viewer
- Opening the Associated Website from an Interactive or Static Website Proof
- Print Summary Enhancements
- Additional Print Summary Enhancements
- Improved Proof Loading Time
- Measurement Tool Colors
- Filter Comments and Replies by User in the Proofing Viewer
- Comment on a Range of Footage in a Video Proof
- New Polyline Tool for Comment Markup in the Proofing Viewer
- Access Multiple Proofs Directly from the Proofing Viewer (Workfront Proof)
- Proofs Open in a New Tab Removed from Release
- Workfront Mobile App Improvements
- New Look and Feel of the Updates Tab in the Workfront Mobile App
- Upload Profile Picture in the Workfront Mobile App
- Custom Form Improvement in the Workfront Mobile App
- Log Time in the Workfront Mobile App in Landscape Orientation
- Rearrange the Icons in the Bottom Navigation Bar in the Workfront Mobile App
- Log Time in Days in the Workfront Mobile App
- Microsoft OneDrive Document Integration
- Workfront for Microsoft Teams Integration
- Updated Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud Integration
- Flash Removal for Report, Calendar, and Document Sharing
- API Version 10 Now Available in Preview
- API Version 3 No Longer Supported
- TLS Support Is Ending
- JSONP Support is Ending
- Flash Application Removal
- Various Single Sign-On Options to Be Removed
- Workfront Fusion Update
API version 10 is now available in the Preview environment. It will be made available in the Production environment with the 18.3 release. For more information, see "What's New in API Version 10."
Support for API version 3 is ending in November 2018. For more information about the support schedule for versions of the Workfront API, see "API Version Release and Support Schedule."
In order to provide optimal security, Workfront is requiring that all integrations and web traffic using TLS 1.0 or earlier be upgraded to use TLS 1.1 or later. This change is already in effect in the Preview environment.
For more information, see "TLS 1.0 To Be Disabled in Workfront."
All functionality that relies on Flash technology is planned for removal from Workfront with the 2018.3 release and replaced with a new solution.
For detailed information about the legacy Flash tools and their replacements, see "Replacement of Flash-Based Tools in Workfront."
The following Single Sign-On (SSO) options are now supported only in a limited capacity; they will be removed from the product in the second half of 2019:
For more information about using LDAP with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with LDAP."
- Active Directory
For more information about using Active Directory with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with Active Directory."
- SAML 1.1
For more information about using SAML 1.1 with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with SAML 1.1."
Following is the removal timeline for these SSO options:
- Limited support: August 2018 - January 2019
Major issues will be fixed; low severity issues will not be addressed.
- Deprecation: January 2019 - August 2019
- No longer available in Workfront: August 2019
These changes are being made in preparation for the enhanced authentication experience, which is currently available only for a limited number of customers. For more information about these upcoming changes, see "Getting Started with the Enhanced Authentication Experience."
Workfront Fusion is an integration platform that enables you to connect Workfront to multiple third-party applications.
With the latest update, Workfront Fusion now provides an improved design that makes the process for creating new FLOs more intuitive. The specific changes include:
- New FLO: Clicking the new FLO now takes users to the Designers screen, rather than first prompting to pick the connector. This change helps you to orient yourself to the overall FLO and understand that any FLO should start with an Event.
- Add Function: The function picker has been updated to make it easier to find and select the desired function. Descriptions of the functions, along with input and output fields, have been updated to add intuitive guidance. The new "Most Popular" section helps you get started with the most commonly used Functions.
For more information about how Workfront Fusion helps you connect Workfront to third-party applications, see "Workfront Fusion."
Workfront Product Roadmap Webinar - Q3 2018
The Q3 2018 Product Roadmap Webinar was presented by the Workfront Product Team on September 20.
To view the webinar recording, go here.
Workfront 2018.3 September Preview Release Webinar (Betas 4 and 5)
The Workfront 2018.3 September Preview Release Webinar will be presented on September 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM MT. This webinar focuses on all the new functionality that has been made available in Preview during the month of September.
To view the webinar recording, go here.
Workfront 2018.3 August Preview Release Webinar (Betas 1, 2, and 3)
The Workfront 2018.3 August Preview Release Webinar was presented on August 21, 2018. This webinar focuses on all the new functionality that has been made available in Preview during the month of August.
The webinar recording is available here.