The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
You can export information from any view of the Resource Planner to an Excel (.xlsx) file which is saved on your computer.
IMPORTANT There are limitations in what information displays and what information you can export from the Resource Planner. For information on these limitations, see "Understanding Limitations in Displaying Information in the Resource Planner."
To export information from the Resource Planner:
- Go to the People area in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Select the Planning tab, then the Resource Planner subtab.
- Select the view for the Resource Planner. You can select one of the following options:
- View by User
- View by Project
- View by Role
- Click Export.
The Export Timeframe dialog box displays.
- Specify the following information:
Start Date: The start date of your export. The exported file contains allocation and availability information starting with the first day of the week which contains the day you specify here.
Number of Periods: The number of time periods you want to include in your file. The default is 4 periods.
Type: The type of time periods by which you want to display the information in the exported file (weeks, months, or quarters.)
The following are the maximum time periods that you can export:
- 52 weeks
- 36 months
- 12 quarters
- Click Export to export the information in the Resource Planner.
Only the information that you saved is exported.
- (Conditional) If you have unsaved Budgeted Hours in the Role or Project views, click Save and Continue.
An Excel (.xlsx) file is downloaded to your computer.
Exporting from the Resource Planner is unavailable while the file is prepared for downloading.
(Conditional) If you export a large amount of data, you receive an email with a link where you can download the file.
- (Conditional and optional) When you receive the email with the exported file, click Download to download the file.
This takes you back to Workfront where you can download the file.
You must be logged into Workfront for the download to complete.
If you do not download the file when it is delivered, the Download link remains active for 7 days after you initiate the export.