When you add users to the project team, they gain permissions on the project and the tasks, issues, and documents of the project. For more information, see "Understanding the Project Team."
You can add users to the project team in the following ways:
The users that fulfill the following roles on the project are automatically added to the project team and appear on the Staffing tab when the project is created:
- The creator of the project
- The project owner
- The project sponsor
Users are also automatically added to the project team when they are assigned to the following roles:
- Users assigned to tasks on the project
- Users assigned to issues on the project
- Users that are named as approvers for tasks, issues, or the project
You can manually add users to a project team by using the Team Scheduling tab.
- Navigate to the project where you want to add users to the project team, then click the Staffing tab. (The Staffing tab might be located under the More menu.)
- Click the Scheduling tab, then click Add Users.
The Add Users to Project Team dialog box displays.
- In the Add Users box, begin typing the name of the user you want to add to the project team, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Repeat this step to add multiple users to the project team.
- Click Add.
The users are now available in the Team Scheduling area.
For more information about using the Team Scheduling area, see "Getting Started with Resource Scheduling."
When you remove users from their roles on the project, they remain part of the project team.
If you remove a user from the project team and the user is assigned to tasks or issues in the project, the user is unassigned from the tasks, and issues and the tasks and issues are returned to the Unassigned area.
For more information about removing users from the project team, see "Removing Users from a Project."