You can search for Workfront items in any Workfront channel in Microsoft Teams and share these items with members of your teams.
- Prerequisites for Sharing Workfront Items in Microsoft Teams
- Searching for and Sharing Workfront Items in Microsoft Teams
You can search for and share Workfront items in Microsoft Teams if the following conditions are met:
- A team owner has installed and configured Workfront for Microsoft Teams for your team.
- You have logged into Workfront from Microsoft Teams.
For information about installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and logging in to Workfront from Microsoft Teams, see "Installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and Accessing Workfront."
You can search for the following items in a Microsoft Teams channel:
NOTE You cannot search for personal tasks.
To search for a Workfront item from Microsoft Teams:
- Log in to Workfront from Microsoft Teams.
For information about logging in to Workfront, see "Installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and Accessing Workfront."
- Go to any chat channel and click the Workfront icon.
Depending on your settings, this icon might display under the More icon instead.
The Search box appears by default.
Type @Workfront and select the Workfront bot channel, then select Search.
- Start typing the name or reference number of a project, task, or issue and click it when it appears in the list.
This adds a card with the Workfront item in the chat field. Some information about the item is included on this card. For example, the name of the item, the parent object, Status, Priority, Percent Complete.
NOTE You cannot search for personal tasks from Microsoft Teams.
- (Optional) Add a comment underneath the Workfront card, then click Send or press Enter to send the message including the Workfront item to your channel.
Everyone who is a member of the channel can see this message, including the information on the Workfront card.
- Click View in Workfront to view the item in Workfront.
Only users who have a Workfront license can view an item in Workfront.