You can create personal tasks in Workfront from the Workfront bot chat channel in Microsoft Teams.
- Prerequisites for Sharing Workfront Items in Microsoft Teams
- Creating Workfront Tasks from Microsoft Teams
You can create personal tasks in Workfront from Microsoft Teams if the following conditions are met:
- A team owner has installed and configured Workfront for Microsoft Teams for your team.
- You have logged into Workfront from Microsoft Teams.
For information about installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and logging in to Workfront from Microsoft Teams, see "Installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and Accessing Workfront."
- Log in to Workfront from Microsoft Teams.
For information about logging in to Workfront, see "Installing Workfront for Microsoft Teams and Accessing Workfront."
- Go to the Chat area and click the Workfront bot channel.
This is the channel for your personal chat with the Workfront bot. All Workfront notifications display here.
- Type New task, then click Enter.
- The New task card displays.
- Specify the following information on the New task card:
- Task name
- Task description
- Due date
- Click Save.
The new personal task is created in Workfront. A Reference Number is assigned to it and visible on the new task card.
- (Optional) Click Edit to edit the task information further.
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to open the task in a new tab in Workfront and edit the task further, move it to a project, or assign it to someone else.