This page provides information about the functionality available at this point in the 2019.1 release.
IMPORTANT Functionality in the Preview environment is subject to change prior to releasing to the Production environment.
The 2019.1 release contains enhancements both for system administrators and other users:
- Restore Templates from the Recycle Bin
- Show Timestamps for Date Fields in Home
- All Duration Types Available under Project Preferences
- Configure Default Proofing Role for Non-Recipients Who Open a Proof
- Agile Improvements
- Add Tasks and Issues from a List to an Iteration
- New Paper Sizes for Gantt Chart Export
- Removed Access to Dialog Boxes in the Gantt Chart While in Edit Mode
- View Task Information in the Project List Gantt Chart in a Program or Portfolio
- Access the Task List Gantt Chart on Templates
- Renamed the Project View on the Gantt Chart
- What-If Scenarios in the Task List Gantt Chart
- Task List Improvements
- Display Lists in Full Screen
- New Lists in Additional Areas
- Send a Delivered Report in XLSX Format
- Export Audit Logs
- The WBS View on a Task List Is No Longer Available by Right-clicking the Task Number Column New! (in Beta Final)
Resource Management Enhancements
- Update the Default Filter in the Resource Planner
- Using Wildcards for Resource Planner Filters
- Support for Date-Based Wildcard Filter Variables in the Resource Planner
- Export Options for the Role View in the Resource Planner
- Data Formatting Options for Exporting the Resource Planner
- Persistent Scheduling Timeline
- New Export Options in the Resource Planner
- Update to the User View in the Resource Planner New! (in Beta Final)
- Proof Interactive Content in the Web Proofing Viewer
- Default Sorting Order for Comments in the Proofing Viewer is Now Oldest to Latest
- Enhanced Reviewing for Comments in the Proofing Viewer Associated with a Range of Video
- Link to Document Details From a Proof Notification or the Proofing Viewer
- Change Your Email Notifications in the Proofing Viewer
- Change the Background Color in the Desktop Proofing Viewer
- Clear Cached Browser Data from a Proof
- New Options for Organizing Lists in the Workfront Mobile App New! (in Beta Final)
- Simple Task Creation for Android Beta New! (in Beta Final)
- New Mobile Search Experience
- New First-Time Tutorial for the Workfront Mobile App for Android Devices
- Home Is the New Default Landing Page on the Workfront Mobile Apps
- Support for Workfront Beta App for iOS Devices
Third-Party App Integration Enhancements
- API Version 4 No Longer Supported
- Agile Tool Updates
- API Version 10 Now Available in Preview
- Various Single Sign-On Options to Be Removed
Support for API version 4 is ending in conjunction with the 2019.1 release. For more information about the support schedule for versions of the Workfront API, see "API Version Release and Support Schedule."
The following updates for the Agile tool were made available directly to the Production environment on December 13, 2018:
- Filter and Group items on the Kanban backlog tab
- View parent information for tasks and issues on an iteration
API version 10 is now available in the Preview environment. It will be made available in the Production environment with the 18.3 release. For more information, see "What's New in API Version 10."
The following Single Sign-On (SSO) options are now supported only in a limited capacity; they will be removed from the product in the second half of 2019:
For more information about using LDAP with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with LDAP."
- Active Directory
For more information about using Active Directory with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with Active Directory."
- SAML 1.1
For more information about using SAML 1.1 with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with SAML 1.1."
Following is the removal timeline for these SSO options:
- Limited support: August 2018 - January 2019
Major issues will be fixed; low severity issues will not be addressed.
- Deprecation: January 2019 - August 2019
- No longer available in Workfront: August 2019
These changes are being made in preparation for the enhanced authentication experience, which is currently available only for a limited number of customers. For more information about these upcoming changes, see "Getting Started with the Enhanced Authentication Experience."