This page describes all mobile and integration enhancements included with the 2019.1 release. The functionality is now available in the Production environment.
For a list of all changes made in 2019.1, see "2019.1 Release Activity Overview."
- New Mobile Search Experience
- New Options for Organizing Lists in the Workfront Mobile App
- Simple Task Creation for Android Beta
- New First-Time Tutorial for the Workfront Mobile App for Android Devices
- Home Is the New Default Landing Page on the Workfront Mobile Apps
- Support for Workfront Beta App for iOS Devices
- Workfront for Slack Improvements
- Workfront for Jira Enhancements
New Mobile Search Experience
Searching for items in the Workfront mobile app is now more user-friendly and intuitive. The new search now available only for the beta version of the Workfront mobile app for both the Android and iOS platforms.
For information about searching in the Workfront mobile apps, see "Searching in the Workfront Mobile App."
For information about downloading the beta versions of the Workfront mobile app, see "Accessing the Beta Environment for the Workfront Mobile App."
This functionality is available in the following areas:
- Task list on a Project
- Issue list on a Project or Task
- Subtasks list on a Task
- The bottom navigation bar for these areas:
For information about creating tasks and subtasks in the mobile app, see "Creating Tasks and Subtasks from Projects and Tasks."
Prior to this enhancement, this functionality was available only for the iOS platform.
For a video demonstration of this functionality, see the "Simple Task Creation" video in the "Workfront Mobile App Improvements."
New First-Time Tutorial for the Workfront Mobile App for Android Devices
The look and feel of the tutorial that displays the first time you access the Workfront mobile app on an Android device has been updated.
For information about first-time tutorials on the Workfront mobile apps, see "Getting Started with the Workfront Mobile App."
Prior to this change, the default landing page was My Work and Home was available as a preference.
For information about the Workfront mobile app, see "Using the Workfront Mobile App."
Support for Workfront Beta App for iOS Devices
You can now enroll to be a beta tester for the Workfront mobile app from an iOS device. With this, you can see features that are not released to the general public, but are ready for you to test and send us feedback on before the public release occurs.
Prior to this enhancement, the beta platform was available only to Android users.
For more information about enrolling in the beta versions of the Workfront mobile apps, see "Accessing the Beta Environment for the Workfront Mobile App."
The following updates are now available in Workfront for Slack:
- To access your work lists, we have eliminated the */wf work requests* and the */wf working on* commands and we have replaced them with the following:
For information about accessing Workfront from Slack, see "Accessing Workfront from Slack."
For information about accessing your work lists from Slack, see "Managing Your Work and Approvals from Slack."
- You can now subscribe to be notified in Slack when someone makes a comment on one of your requests.
For information about Workfront notifications in Slack, see "Receiving Workfront Notifications in Slack.":
- Post a comment you made in Slack as a comment on an object in Workfront. The comment appears as a Workfront update on the object.
For information about posting an update to a Workfront item from Slack, see "Post a Slack Comment as an Update in Workfront."
The Workfront for Jira integration now contains the following enhancements:
- An indication of when the integration automatically creates a user in Jira.
- Option to disable the automatic Workfront user creation in the add-on settings.
- Option to disable the synchronization of comments between Jira and Workfront in the add-on settings.
- Support for a static IP address
For information about configuring Workfront for Jira, see "Configuring Workfront for Jira."