When you are commenting on a proof in the Proofing Viewer, you can tag other users to bring their attention to your comment via email and to add them to the proof's workflow.
You can tag the proof owner and any users with the Reviewer role who have been added to the proof's workflow if at least one of the following is true:
- You are the proof owner.
- You have the Author or Moderator proof role on the proof.
To tag someone in a comment:
- As you comment on a proof, type an at sign (@) followed by the person's name or email address. (For information about commenting on a proof, see Creating and Managing Proof Comments.)
When you start typing the user's name or email address, available names appear in a drop-down menu.
- Select the person's name when you see it in the drop-down list.
If you want to close the drop-down menu without selecting anyone, you can press the Esc key or click anywhere outside the list.
- Finish the comment, then click Post.
The person receives a notification email, regardless of the proof email alert settings they are using:
- If the user receives a daily or hourly summary email, Workfront sends the @mention notification separately, and includes information about the @mention in the summary email.
- If the user receives alerts for all activity, or for replies made to their comments, the @mention notifications replace the notifications about these comments and replies.
For information about other ways to add users to a proof, see Sharing a Proof Within Workfront.