The information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
When you are commenting on a proof in the Proofing Viewer, you can tag other users to bring their attention to your comment via email and to add them to the proof's workflow.
You can tag anyone, including external collaborators, if at least one of the following is true:
- You are the proof creator or owner.
- You have the Author or Moderator proof role on the proof.
For information about these roles, see the section "Rights Associated with Proofing Roles" in the article "Configuring Default Proof Roles in Workfront."
- You have the Proofing Permission Role of Administrator or Supervisor.
Your Workfront administrator assigned your Proofing Permission Role when adding you to Workfront, as described in "Configuring Proofing and Permissions for a User."
- When adding you to the proof, the proof creator enabled the option Share the proof by tagging users. (For information about this option, see the section "Configure settings for users added to the Proof" in the article "Configuring Proofs in Workfront.")
If none of these is true, you can tag only the proof owner and any users who have been added previously to the proof's workflow.
NOTE You can tag an external collaborator using their email address only if either of the following is true:
- A user in your organization's Workfront account has added the collaborator's email address to a proof previously.
- The collaborator has used the email address to subscribe to a proof in your organization's Workfront account previously.
To tag someone in a comment:
- As you comment on a proof, type an at sign (@) followed by the person's name or email address. (For information about commenting on a proof, see Creating and Managing Proof Comments.)
When you start typing the user's name or email address, available names appear in a drop-down menu.
- Select the person's name when you see it in the drop-down list.
If you want to close the drop-down menu without selecting anyone, you can press the Esc key or click anywhere outside the list.
- Finish the comment, then click Post.
- (Conditional) If you tagged anyone who was not already added to the proof, specify a Proof role and Email alerts setting for each user listed in the box that appears, then click Add people and post comment to confirm that you want to add the people to the proof and post the comment.
For information about proofing roles, see the section "Rights Associated with Proofing Roles" in the article "Configuring Default Proof Roles in Workfront." For information about proof email alerts, see the section Configuring Proof Defaults for a User in the article Configuring Email Notification Settings in Workfront Proof.
If the proof has an Automated Workflow, the users you tag are added to the stage you are in. For more information, see "Understanding Automated Workflows."Anyone you tag receives a notification email, regardless of the proof email alert settings they are using:
- If the user receives a daily or hourly summary email, Workfront sends the @mention notification separately, and includes information about the @mention in the summary email.
- If the user receives alerts for all activity, or for replies made to their comments, the @mention notifications replace the notifications about these comments and replies.
For information about other ways to add users to a proof, see Sharing a Proof Within Workfront.