This page provides information about the functionality available at this point in the 2019.2 release.
It will be made available in the Production environment in mid-2019.
IMPORTANT Functionality in the Preview environment is subject to change prior to releasing to the Production environment.
The 2019.2 release will contain enhancements both for system administrators and other users:
- Enhancements for Administrators
- Enhancements for All Users
- Enhancements Released Directly to Production
No enhancements for administrators have yet been released.
Resource Management Enhancements
- Display Portfolio Priority in the Resource Planner New! (in Beta 1)
- Share Filters in the Resource Planner New! (in Beta 1)
- Track Percent Complete Progress on Issues in the Agile Tools New! (in Beta 1)
- Deactivate Unused Objects New! (in Production)
- API Version 3 No Longer Supported
- TLS Support Is Ending
- Flash Application Removal
- Various Single Sign-On Options to Be Removed
Support for API version 3 ended in November 2018. For more information about the support schedule for versions of the Workfront API, see "API Version Release and Support Schedule."
In order to provide optimal security, Workfront is requiring that all integrations and web traffic using TLS 1.0 or earlier be upgraded to use TLS 1.1 or later. This change is already in effect in the Preview environment.
For more information, see "TLS 1.0 To Be Disabled in Workfront."
All functionality that relies on Flash technology has been removed from Workfront since the 2018.3 release and replaced with a new solution.
For detailed information about the legacy Flash tools and their replacements, see "Replacement of Flash-Based Tools in Workfront."
The following Single Sign-On (SSO) options are now supported only in a limited capacity; they will be removed from the product in the second half of 2019:
For more information about using LDAP with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with LDAP."
- Active Directory
For more information about using Active Directory with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with Active Directory."
- SAML 1.1
For more information about using SAML 1.1 with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with SAML 1.1."
Following is the removal timeline for these SSO options:
- Limited support: August 2018 - January 2019
Major issues submitted during this time will be fixed; low severity issues will not be addressed.
- Deprecation: January 2019 - August 2019
- No longer available in Workfront: August 2019