NOTE For the most up-to-date information about the 2019.2 release, see this page on our new support site.
This page provides information about the functionality available at this point in the 2019.2 release.
It will be made available in the Production environment in mid-2019.
IMPORTANT Functionality in the Preview environment is subject to change prior to releasing to the Production environment.
The 2019.2 release will contain enhancements both for system administrators and other users:
- Enhancements for Administrators
- Enhancements for All Users
- Enhancements Released Directly to Production
- Workfront Maintenance Updates
No enhancements for administrators have yet been released.
Resource Management Enhancements
- New Resource Management Access Level New! (in Beta 3)
- Order Projects by Portfolio Priorities in the Resource Planner New! (in Beta 3)
- Resource Planner Filter Improvement New! (in Beta 3)
- Display Portfolio Priority in the Resource Planner
- Share Filters in the Resource Planner
- Attach Default Custom Forms and Approval Processes to Tasks New! (in Beta 3)
- Display Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS) and Performed (BCWP) in Views
- Updated Workfront for Adobe Creative Cloud Integration New! (in Beta 3)
- Allow Users without a Proofing License to Apply Actions and resolve comments New! (in Beta 3)
- Tag Any User when Commenting on a Proof in the Proofing Viewer New! (in Beta 3)
- Filter Proof Approval Report to Omit Previous Proof Versions New! (in Production)
- Deactivate Unused Objects
For information about the maintenance updates made during the 2019.2 release, see "Workfront Maintenance Updates."
- Workfront Library Now Available
- API Version 3 No Longer Supported
- TLS Support Is Ending
- Flash Application Removal
- Various Single Sign-On Options to Be Removed
Workfront Library is an enterprise digital content hub you can use to manage the full lifecycle of your organization's digital assets.
For more information about Workfront Library, see the Workfront Library training page.
For information about the latest features now available in Workfront Library, see
Support for API version 3 ended in November 2018. For more information about the support schedule for versions of the Workfront API, see "API Version Release and Support Schedule."
In order to provide optimal security, Workfront is requiring that all integrations and web traffic using TLS 1.0 or earlier be upgraded to use TLS 1.1 or later. This change is already in effect in the Preview environment.
For more information, see "TLS 1.0 To Be Disabled in Workfront."
All functionality that relies on Flash technology has been removed from Workfront since the 2018.3 release and replaced with a new solution.
For detailed information about the legacy Flash tools and their replacements, see "Replacement of Flash-Based Tools in Workfront."
The following Single Sign-On (SSO) options are now supported only in a limited capacity; they will be removed from the product in the second half of 2019:
For more information about using LDAP with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with LDAP."
- Active Directory
For more information about using Active Directory with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with Active Directory."
- SAML 1.1
For more information about using SAML 1.1 with Workfront, see "Configuring Workfront with SAML 1.1."
Following is the removal timeline for these SSO options:
- Limited support: August 2018 - January 2019
Major issues submitted during this time will be fixed; low severity issues will not be addressed.
- Deprecation: January 2019 - August 2019
- No longer available in Workfront: August 2019
Workfront Product Roadmap Webinar - Q1 2019
The Q1 2010 Product Roadmap Webinar was presented by the Workfront Product Team.
To view the webinar recording, go here.