The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
- Overview of Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP)
- Configure How BCWP Is Calculated
- Calculate BCWP
- Locate the BCWP for a Project or a Task
Also known as the Earned Value, the Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) is a project performance metric that represents the amount of the task that has actually completed at the time when this metric is calculated.
Workfront calculates the Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) for both projects and tasks.
Consider the following when reviewing the values for the BCWP on a task or project:
- Workfront calculates the BCWP for a task based on your configuration for the Performance Index Method (PMI) of the project.
You can configure your project to calculate the PMI using hours or cost and the BCWP is also calculated using the same values.
For information about configuring how the BCWP is calculated, see "Configure How BCWP Is Calculated."
- Workfront calculates the BCWP for a project by adding all the BCWP values from all the parent tasks and individual tasks on the project.
The values from children tasks are not added to the BCWP of the project.
You can configure whether the BCWP is calculated in hours or costs by configuring how the Performance Index Method (PIM) of the project is calculated.
- Go to a project and select the Project Details tab.
- Click Finance, then Edit Finance.
- In the Performance Index Method field, select from the following options:
- Hour-Based: Workfront calculates the BCWP using the Planned Hours of the tasks.
- Cost-Based: Workfront calculates the BCWP using the Planned Cost of the tasks.
- Click Save.
The BCWP of the tasks on the project is calculated using hours or costs.
Workfront calculates the Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) for a task or project using the following formulas:
- Task BCWP = Actual Percent Complete x Task Budget
- Project BCWP = SUM(BCWP values of all parent and individual tasks)
The following values are used in these calculation:
- Actual Percent Complete: This is the actual percent complete of the task as it appears in Workfront.
- Task Budget: This is the value for the Planned Hours or Planned Cost of the task.
For example, if the actual percent complete of the task is 25% and the Task Budget or the Planned Cost is $10,000, then the BCWP for the task is:
BCWP = 25% x $10,000 = $2,500
You can view the value of the Budgeted Cost of Work Performed in a report or list, by adding the BCWP column to your view.
- Go to a list of tasks or projects.
- Expand the View menu and select New View or Customize View.
- Click Add Column.
- In the Show in this column: field start typing BCWP and click to select it when it displays in the list.
- Click Save View.
The BCWP field displays in the view.